Monday, January 31, 2011

Author Autograph Wishlist

I am from a collecting family. Mom collects Disney related knick-knacks. Little brother is a transformers freak. Me, well, I collect books. The more I love an author, the more I want an autographed copy. I will call up bookstores across the country to have a book shipped to me (J.R. Ward), fly across the country myself (Nalini Singh at RomCon2010), drive three hours (Cathy Clamp at Authors After Dark 2009), or stand in line for 2+ hours at a signing (Nora Roberts at the Columbus Circle Borders, Laurell K. Hamilton at a BEA). These are the lengths I will go to for an autographed copy. I rarely resort to buying on Ebay because you can never know for certain if a signature is for real. In any case, by attending RomCon2010, I got some fabulous autographs last year (Meljean Brook, Jeaniene Frost, Carrie Vaughn, Erin Kellison, Shannon Butcher, and many more).

I don't think I'll be attending RomCon2011 this year (it depends on how the money works out & vacation time), but I definitely want to at least hit RWA's Literacy signing since it's in my neck of the woods this year. The author list won't be posted until April, but they always have a lot of wonderful, wonderful authors. So, since I'm the overly organized type, I wrote up a list of authors that I still need for my collection. I've been adding to it while I type up this entry, so consider it a work in progress! It's also in no particular order, although the top 4 are sorta my holy grails. If you're interested in what I already own, a partial list is available via my LibraryThing catalog.

Author Autograph Wishlist
  1. Shelly Laurenston
  2. Patricia Briggs
  3. Jennifer Crusie
  4. Robin D. Owens
  5. Jayne Ann Krentz
  6. Anne McCaffrey
  7. Mercedes Lackey
  8. Thea Harrison
  9. Larissa Ione
  10. Lora Leigh
  11. Lynsay Sands
  12. S. L. Viehl
  13. Cynthia Eden
  14. L. J. Smith
  15. Sharon Shinn
  16. Robin Kaye
  17. Eileen Wilks
  18. Jean Johnson
  19. L. J. McDonald
  20. Kresley Cole
  21. Victoria Laurie
  22. Kelley Armstrong
  23. Wen Spencer
  24. Ilona Andrews
  25. Lynn Kurland
  26. Jennifer Ashley
  27. Victoria Dahl
  28. Christine Warren
  29. Stephanie Laurens
  30. Shanna Swendson
  31. Kathryne Kennedy
I plan on making a concerted effort to cross a number of authors off my list this year. RWA should help, but I'm not leaving it to chance. I'm going to be very organized this year with, like, spreadsheets and everything! Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment