Saturday, January 1, 2011

Monthly Tally: December 2010

From the To Be Read Journal
  1. A Werewolf in Manhattan , Vicki Lewis Thompson
  2. Ruthless Game, Christine Feehan - I like this series so very much more than the Carpathian series these days. It was an excellent read and the twist of having the heroine be very pregnant was interesting. I also liked the little tidbits Feehan threw in about the Ghostwalkers' children.
  3. Eternal Flame, Cynthia Eden
  4. In Too Deep, Jayne Ann Krentz
  5. Bitten in Two, Jennifer Rardin - I am so sad this author has passed away. Such potential.
  6. Day of the Dragon, Rebecca York
  7. The Broken Kingdoms, N. K. Jemisin - Orbit is proving to be quite the publisher for new science fiction authors. The world building here was phenomenal, but note that a) the ending isn't quite happy and b) you really have to read & remember the first book, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms to fully enjoy this one.
  8. Caped, Josh Lobis & Derin Mosielle
  9. Lost Girls, Alan Moore
  10. The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus, Carly Alexander
  11. Santa Calls, William Joyce
ARCs
  1. Devoured by Darkness, Alexandra Ivy, out now
  2. The Darkest Secret, Gena Showalter, 4/2011 - I so love this series. Sabin & Gwen are still my favorite couple ever, but I'm eagerly awaiting Paris's book. This one focuses on Amun, Keeper of Secrets. 
  3. Driftwood Cottage, Sherryl Woods, 4/2011
  4. Kiss of Darkness, Loribelle Hunt, 1/2011
  5. The Heiress, Lynsay Sands, 2/2011

    Books Discovered along the way
    1. Strange Neighbors, Ashlyn Chase - Got the second book as an ARC, finally got to read the first one. For fans of Dakota Cassidy.
    2. Spiral Bound, Margaret Ronald - This book took FOREVER to get. I requested it from a bunch of different libraries and when it was finally filled, the library sent the wrong book. I met the author in October at the NY Comic-Con. That's how long I was trying to get it. Since October. It was definitely a good book, although not precisely my cup of tea. Now to try to track down the second one...
    3. Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian, Avi Steinberg - Books about librarians interest me, for obvious reasons, and I liked this book because it wasn't so much about librarianship as what books & libraries can represent.
    4. Bear Necessities, Dana Marie Bell - Shifters are usually canines or felines, so it's always refreshing to encounter a different species. The hero is a bear shifter and quite interesting. The heroine is a more traditional wolf, but an unique person with two humans as her best friends. It ties into Bell's Puma series, but I was able to enjoy the book just fine, even though I only read The Wallflower.

    I also started and did not finish Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Mederios. Meg Cabot's 'Boy' series is infinitely better and totally blew this book out of the water. Tweetheart didn't even have a happy ending per say.

    I didn't read as much as I normally do, likely due to the holidays, but I already know I'll be blowing January out of the water! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment