Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting on in 2011

I'm in an unique position with regards to book publication dates since I receive & read so many ARCs. Still, there are some books that I won't get due to the fame of the author or because it's not a romance.

The biggest book that I'm looking forward to is Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh. I twigged onto Hawke & Sienna back in book 3 and I'm dying to see how Nalini writes them. I was a little hesitant about tthhe relationship due to the age difference, but my faith in Nalini is such that I know all my doubts will be swept aside. At RomCon, Nalini talked about how Kiss of Snow brings the first overall series arc to a conclusion. I can't wait to find out more about the Ghost and how Silence is going to fall. I also think Sascha gives birth in Kiss of Snow and I'm dying to meet the first member of the new generation.

On the YA front, there are a lot of great sequels on the horizon. Trial by Fire, the next book by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. The long overdue book in L.J. Smith's Nightworld series. Kiersten White's sequel to Paranormalcy will be released in the fall. I've also been reading Colleen Houck's books. Since Ms. Houck self-published before getting picked up by Splinter, I was able to get my hands on the second book in the series. I'm interested to see where the third book is going to go.

There are also the authors for whom I'm waiting their yearly book. Ilona Andrews, for example. I can't wait to see what happens next for Curran & Kate or on the 'Edge.' Robin D. Owens' Celta book will be released during the summer and, according to her website, there may be an anthology too!  Patricia Briggs' latest book is a must-read and I'm always curious to read a new Laurell K. Hamilton, despite the erratic nature of the books' quality. J.R. Ward releases Lover Unleashed at the end of March and Charlaine Harris has Dead Reckoning in May. I'm also anxious for the next Breed book in Lora Leigh's series.

We know I've already read it, but I'm looking forward to Thea Harrison's May release of Dragon Bound. My copy is falling to pieces and I need something pretty for my shelf! If the buzz is getting you excited, Dear Author is giving away copies of the ARC to commenters.

No comments:

Post a Comment