Monday, August 1, 2011

Monthly Tally: July 2011

From TBR Journal

  1. Heart Search, Robin D. Owens - Owens progressed the series' timeline with this book so characters that we previously met as children are now adults. I really enjoyed it and I can't WAIT for Avellan's & Vinni's story.
  2. Seduce Me in Flames, Jacquelyn Frank
  3. Primal Law, J.D. Tyler - J.D. Tyler is a pseudonym for author Jo Davis. I confess, part of the reason I picked it up was because I misread an ad for the book and I thought for a few seconds the title was 'Primal Lawn.' This was actually one of the last books I bought at Borders with my employee discount and I thought it was worth what I paid.
  4. Mal and Chad: The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever, Stephen McCranie
  5. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron, Jennifer Ashley - Fabulous addition, looking forward to Hart's and Eleanor's book (April 2012, it looks like).
  6. Skin Dive, Ava Gray - A great ending to the series, but I was so sad it was over!
  7. Mystical Warrior, Janet Chapman
  8. Never Cry Wolf, Cynthia Eden
  9. Chicks Kick Butt, Rachel Caine & Kerrie L. Hughes, eds
  10. The Devilish Montague, Patricia Rice
  11. Mercy Burns, Keri Arthur
  12. Flying Blind, Deborah Cooke
  13. Playing for Keeps, LuAnn McLane
  14. On the Hunt, Gena Showalter
  15. An Unlikely Countess, Jo Beverly

ARCs
  1. New York to Dallas, J.D. Robb, 9/2011 -  I loved loved loved this book. It felt like an 'ending' book, wrapping up the last few loose threads from Eve's past. I bet Robb's going to start changing things up now for Roarke and Eve.
  2. Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue, Stephanie Laurens, 8/2011
  3. In Pursuit of Eliza Cynster, Stephanie Laurens, 9/2011
  4. Lord of the Vampires, Gena Showalter, 8/2011
  5. Sacrifice, Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz, 9/2011 - I loved the Roswell books by Metz (which are apparently now available for the Kindle) and this is an interesting take on the vampire myth, but I much preferred the first book, Crave. This was more about the bonds of family and familial expectations than the relationship between Shay and Gabriel.
  6. Good Girls Don't, Victoria Dahl, 8/2011
  7. Bad Boys Do, Victoria Dahl, 9/2011
  8. Faces of Hope: 10 Years Later, Christine Pisera Naman, 8/2011
I'm sure I've read books along the way, but I'm actually writing this a tad past July and I don't have a clue.

Category Totals

Romance: 11 + 5 ARCs
Mystery: 1 ARC
Nonfiction: 1 ARC
Young Adult: 1 + 1 ARC
Children's Graphic Novel: 1
Science Fiction: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment