Monday, August 15, 2011

Odds n' Ends

Now that I'm a soon-to-be-ex-bookseller, I find my reading habits changed slightly. I guess I felt a little constrained at Borders and I was always racing to keep up with ARC flow. I'm more comfortable re-reading now and therefore, I'm reading a lot more.

I signed up for a GoodReads account a while back, but I wasn't thrilled with it. LibraryThing was a much better fit for my needs. I basically wanted something I could use to catalog my books and tag them like crazy. GoodReads doesn't have a tag system, but it does have a bizarre shelving system and, more importantly, an app. So what I'm doing is trying to transition my TBR to GoodReads. Now that I'm not working at Borders anymore, I know that it's possible I could be book-shopping on the spur of the moment and I want to have my TBR handy. I don't know how well I'm going to be able to search it, but it'll be better than nothing.

In addition, theoretically, I should be able to post reviews at GoodReads and have them cross-post here. At the moment, I'm not having any luck with that so I have to tinker with it a bit. Hopefully, someone on GoodReads will be able to help or I'll have an epiphany and figure it out. The twitter account for this blog is @lionessbkshelf & it's set up to tweet whenever anything gets posted here.

Liquidation isn't going as badly as I feared. Mostly because I only work one day a week and I don't really do customer service anymore. I joke that my new title is 'inventory shifter,' but it's really kinda true. I'm either at the register or circling the store, putting away the crap that was dropped on random flat surfaces. We're not even alphabetizing anymore. This is supposedly the last week the warehouse will be sending us stuff so I figure it'll really sink in when the store starts looking really bare. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment