Thursday, March 15, 2012
Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
If I say too much, an angry mob will cross the bridges and stone me to death. Since there are entirely too many books left in my TBR to risk that, I only have the following cryptic comments for you.
1. If Kiss of Snow was the explosion that changed everything, Tangle of Need is the aftermath. Adria and Riaz are the main couple, yes, but their relationship is only part of the book's focus.
2. Re-read every book that centers on the SnowDancers as Tangle of Need is a reunion of epic proportions. DarkRiver characters make appearances, but only in very minor capacities.
3. If you have not read any of the Psy/Changeling books, do not start with this one because a) you will ruin the pleasure of watching the series develop for yourself and b) you will not enjoy Tangle of Need the way you should and I shall be forced to angrily exclaim 'I told you so.' You have 10 weeks. Read a book a week to catch up.
4. My personal theory as to the Ghost's identity remains in play and I think Nalini eliminates two more possible candidates.
5. I read a theory online about who Kaleb is searching for and now I'm pretty sure that theory was on the money, which makes my personal theory incorrect.
6. If Berkley does not make 'I heart Judd' pins to give away at the various cons & trade shows, I will be very sad.
7. I know I'm usually pretty stingy about price, now that I am discount-less, but I'm telling you, guys, I'd recommend picking this book up on May 29th when it's released. There is so much crammed into Tangle of Need and if you get spoiled, I honestly think it'll affect your enjoyment level of the book. Think of it this way, if you can save $3 a week between now & the time the book is released, you'll be able to afford it.