Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review: Redesigned by Denise Grover Swank


Redesigned
Redesigned by Denise Grover Swank

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



While I saw the plot twists coming from the very beginning, I still enjoyed this book immensely. Mostly because Reed was scorching. I was reading this on the train and when he started talking dirty, I mean, like, whoa. *fans self* I am a huge sucker for the straight-laced good guy with a raunchy side and Reed fits that trope to a 't.'

In addition, I liked how Swank handled Caroline's fixation on wealth. There's a scene where she's describing how she will never let her children experience the hardships she went through and I sniffled quite a bit. It made the moment she realized she loved Reed even more poignant. The relationship was executed beautifully and I loved the transition from frenemies to lovers. It actually reminded me a bit of my own college experience.

By the end of the book, I was fully on board with Caroline's and Reed's relationship. Those crazy kids are totally going to make it! ... Okay, I'm still a little sick. Regardless, I do recommend this one and I liked it better than After Math. Did I mention how hot Reed is? You could probably read Redesigned without reading After Math, but be forewarned that Math's couple is fairly prominent in Redesigned and, I have to admit, I liked Tucker a hella lot better after his actions in Caroline's defense.

I don't know if I'll ever read any of Swank's other books, but I am certainly looking forward to the next book, Business As Usual.

I didn't forget to tell you how sizzingly sexy Reed is, did I? Why can't I find a guy like that to jump start my car? *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment